Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thoughts on a Rainy Day

It's Day 2 of crazy rain in Chicago and although it sucks, a friend pointed out that it is better than snow. So I digress...

On top of it being another rainy day, there are only 19 days left to get my thesis done. As promised, I have worked on it every day like the "Finish Your Thesis in 15 Minutes a Day" book and another friend advised me. It's definitely moving along but more and more I see why people don't work and go to grad school at the same time.

I look forward to the day when I don't have t keep carrying it - and the 20 articles that support it - with me every day for those rare times when I'm stuck waiting for something and want to feel productive. It will be nice to have a "normal life" - whatever the hell that means.

Sitting at work and at home (working on said thesis) and in the car (driving to work or school) has definitely had an effect on the fact that I have not been getting as much exercise as I need/want. I was getting some good runs in once a week for a while but that came to sad halt when the thesis and sleep rose to the top of the list as the number one priority.

I know - I've read more books, magazines, websites, blogs, etc. that I can count that tell you that exercise must be a priority and you have to schedule it along with everything else on your calendar. Sounds good but not always ideal for me. This week, I have resumed my research on capoeira. (If you don't know what that is, click here to view a video)

No doubt intense, I think about studying it at least twice a year. No time is ever really a good time and it's quite evident that although I will be less busy at some point, I will always be busy to some extent. There is no better time than the present (I think) so I think I will pull the trigger and start this week!

Until then I will let you know how it goes - with the thesis and the capoeira.

Enjoy your Sunday,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think -please leave your comments!