Sunday, March 22, 2009

Do you have an hour to spare?


Hi friends! In addition to the wonderful arrival of Spring, it's time again for Earth Hour. I remember seeing ads for this last year and planned to look into it but it didn't happen.

Over the past few weeks, I have been seeing these ads again; specifically, a billboard that I pass on my way to and from work each day. Back in January, while I was thinking New Year's resolution type thoughts, I remember thinking that I wanted to put some time into understanding my carbon footprint and how I can decrease it. I hadn't delivered on that promise yet either so now that Earth Hour is only 5 days away, I have another opportunity.

What is Earth Hour?
People from around the globe are committing to turning off their lights for one hour this Saturday, March 28 at 8:30 pm, their local time, to promote global action on climate change.

How can you participate?
Whatever is easiest for you. There are no strict guidelines or requirement to sign up. You can read tips and suggestions for participating on the Earth Hour website.

I hope the weather is nice so I can enjoy an outside activity but if not, a little candlelight would be nice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think -please leave your comments!