Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hey, what are you reading?

I'm a girl that lives in a neverending world of multi-tasking. I try to focus solely on certain things (i.e. spending time with family and friends and enjoying the things that make me happy) but some things I think are such great ideas and if I don't start on it right away, I'll somehow miss the opportunity.

One of those things is reading. I challenged myself to read more this year. So "what am I reading" you ask? Here is the list! (All being read simultaneously with no end in sight!)

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (The movie starring Tom Hanks is set to be released in May so I have to finish this!)









Vibe (February 2009 Issue) with Kanye West on the cover












Guilty as charged - Real Simple is my secret pre-mommy magazine.
  • Real Simple Solutions-Timesavers
  • Real Simple (January 2009 Issue)-Feel Calmer Now: 20 essential lists to organize your life
  • Real Simple (April 2009 Issue)-Back-to-basics cleaning: 78 easy ideas to make every room shine-fast










Women and Money by Suze Orman










This is something that fits nicely into the "Determination" theme - I need to get at least one of these off the list by the end of the month!
What about you? What are you reading right now? (List all that apply!)

3 comments:

  1. I know my stack(s)of books rival the best! I have books & mags to address my sprit, finances, health, parenting skills, aging parents, decorating ideas, need for pure entertainment & desire to declutter. Ironic huh? I have 1 stack in my bedroom and 1 on my desk. I too have been reading my books "SIMULTANEOUSLY" for about 3 years now. :) Let me know how this goes for you. It's the illusion of multi-tasking but how much are we REALLY getting done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a week late, but I just finished reading a nonfiction book, "Brother, I'm Dying" by Edwidge Danticat. She's an awesome Haitian-American writer, and all of her books I've read straight through in a couple days. I get the Real Simple tips as emails, and I go on their site, always useful though I rarely use them. So I guess I'm not reading anything at the moment. I just signed up at this website paperbackswap.com where you can request used books from other members, and the only cost is shipping (media mail rate) - so far so good, there are three books in the mail on their way to me. Whichever one comes first is the one I'll be reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I love Real Simple and keep the pages of things I want to implement but seriously, you have to have a lot of time on your hands to do all of those things!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think -please leave your comments!