Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The "Mail" Persuasion

At the end of a long day or a day that didn't go so well, nothing can lift my spirits like receiving mail. Not bills or junk mail that I don't have a use for but mail that was sent to me personally and intended only for me.

It doesn't have to be super-surprising, it can be as simple as when I've ordered things online and they have arrived. Although it would be nice to get a letter, that never happens because of the wonderful magic of e-mail, text messages, Facebook and Twitter. (Although I'm not complaining!) Sadly though, even sending holiday and birthday cards are becoming a lost art. For the last few years, I have been an offender but I redeemed myself this past holiday season.

I have many things on my "One day I am going to" list and I won't go too far into what has and has not been done but I will add sending cards and handwritten letters. I feel like it's one of those things that people talk about doing but I only know 3-4 people that actually do it. There are also the people who do it because it's the "fashionable" thing to do; especially when Kate Spade is designing stationery and note cards! (They are cute though - click here to view)


You can get note cards pretty much anywhere. For those extra special people, you can even get some that were created with the passion of making something special, like the ones designed by my friend, Erica (Shown here. Check out her designs at Littlepretty.etsy.com)

I guess my point of this whole thing is that it really doesn't take that long or cost that much to brighten someones day with a note to let them know you were thinking of them.
~S


2 comments:

  1. yay! you're the best. i love sending mail - so if we ever seperate (gasp!) you definatley have a pen pal in me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to try and remember that my new years resolution for 2010 will be to send bday cards instead of holiday cards... or maybe i should start now and send random belated to all my jan/feb friends...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think -please leave your comments!