Thursday, February 26, 2009

Love of Self: My 25 Things (the good, the bad and the not so bad)

Getting back to February's them of Love. If you've been on Facebook in the last month or so, you've either written or tagged your friends to write their own "25 Things About Me" list. I've read quite a few and thoroughly enjoyed them but just couldn't find the time to think about and write my own.

Now that I've been tagged so many times, I must do my due diligence:

1. I have a constant fear of being unprepared - for life, for love and for success.

2. I wholeheartedly believe that the paparazzi should be outlawed.

3. Actualmente, hablo espanol muy bueno cuando necesario. (I actually speak Spanish really well when necessary.)

4. I've never loved anyone the way I love my current partner, Jamaal.

5. Breakfast is my favorite meal.

6. I sometimes sing in the car out loud and pretend that I'm in my own music video!

7. No matter how busy I am, I tend to feel as if I'm not doing enough.

8. I used to think my favorite "shade" was black but now I'm starting to think that my favorite color is purple.

9. My name is from the Bible and is technically spelled "S-h-e-m-a-i-a-h" and is actually a male name.

10. My favorite book is "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

11. I am extremely put off by people who don't say, "thank you."

12. At least once a week, I realize that I am turning into my mother!!!

13. I abhor (yes abhor) small animals that are bigger than they are supposed to be. Abhor not to be confused with loath; they literally make me nauseous. Oak Park tends to have larger than life squirrels and I've gagged when I've seen them.

14. No matter how my career shakes out, I want to write a book someday.

15. I do want children but being a parent scares me to death.

16. I think that fish are beautiful but most likely won't be able to own an aquarium. I had a fish in college that I loved and for some reason or another, it got sick. I would come home from class and tap the class and it wouldn't even swim. I couldn't bear the thought of coming home and finding it dead so I flushed it. :(

17. I am highly annoyed by people who don't use the 5x5 rule in Power Point (if you don't know what this is, you may be guilty). When Power Point hit the scene, it was introduced with a 5x5 rule. Power Point is a visual outline that prompts the presenter on their talking points. There should be no more than 5 bullet points on a slide with no more than 5 words in each line. If you have to put a book on a slide, make copies and distribute as a handout!

18. Although I am getting a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology, presumably to be a therapist, I don't think I am cut out for it. I am generally a very patient person. I have a variety of friends and am able to relate to them all differently but I am not able to truly connect in the therapeutic setting. I admire people who can though!!

19. Out of all my experiences with relationships, personally and professionally, (knock on wood) I believe my current relationship is very healthy.

20. Although I don't always have the time, I do love to cook.

21. My favorite book is "Thank You and You're Welcome" by Kanye West.

22. My most life changing experience was working for a month in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. The strength and endurance I saw in the people there changed my life.

23. Paper makes me nervous. Anything that I can maintain electronically, I do. I love to shred and keep paper at a minimum.

24. I haven't read an entire book (more than 50 pages) in 3 years - but I'm rectifying that now with "Angels and Demons" (in advance of the movie release in May)

25. I seriously don't think I could live without the Internet!


So there it is. 25 things are pretty intense - but here they are nonetheless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think -please leave your comments!