Sunday, January 17, 2010

Objectionable Content

Like any good guardian, when I started my blog I became very protective of it, taking time to think about topics, trying to keep it current, directing web traffic, etc.

Things were going well until one day, I logged in to find this menacing banner across the top that said "Objectionable Content". I tried to edit the page and remove it but there was nothing I could do about it. FYI-The "Objectionable Content" function allows you to flag blogs or websites that you come across that contain offensive or inappropriate images or content. It basically puts the web administrator on alert that there may be something shady that they should look into.

Of course, I took this quite personal and started to brainstorm ideas about who would do such a thing and possibly what I could have written that would have offended someone. After a couple of days, I laughed it off and kept it at the back of my mind until last week...

After posting my last blog entry, I decided to peruse some other blogs via the "Next Blog" function in Blogger. After looking away only briefly, I realized that my cursor was hovering over the "Flag" button. Mortified, I realized that as easy as it would have been for me to inadvertently hit the button, the same unfortunate thing could have happened to one of my readers!

So, I apologize to those who I secretly suspected of sabotaging my blog. Suspicion can sometimes run rampant! But then again, I guess I'm in the right field of work!

Happy Reading,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think -please leave your comments!