Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The World is Our Canvas - Paint Your Dreams!

It's Day 1 of what is left of Positive Thinking Month and it didn't start out so great...
  • I was tired and cranky therefore annoyed that I have to get up and go to work.
  • I was annoyed that it was snowing.
  • I just KNEW (before even getting in the car) that it was going to take me 2 hours to get to work.
  • Because it was going to take 2 hours, I needed to get in the car asap and not have breakfast.
  • Once in the car, nothing good was on the radio and I couldn't find my Ipod.
  • I was so annoyed that nothing was on the radio and while I was grumbling out loud, I came across a Kanye West interview...

Eureka! Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a Kanye West superfan! The primary purpose of the interview was to promote his new line with Louis Vuitton, Pastelle, to be released in June 2009. (Check it out at http://www.kanyelive.com/category/pastelle)

He talked about how one of his life's dreams was to work with Louis Vuitton and the launch of this line is truly a dream realized (sound familiar?) . I had to ask myself, "What is my life's dream?" A life's dream is very different than a goal. I have plenty of goals but I will need to think about a life' s dream.

He went on to talk about how his dreams have progressed as each one before it came true. As I listened, I was blown away by the genuine passion and belief he had in dreams and that they can come true.

So feeling renewed, I'll start again with my Positive Thinking. As much of a believer in fate as I am, I believe that if you are not in a place to appreciate where you are in that moment, you won't know that your dream is coming true. Back on the Positive Thinking train, I'll leave you with 2 of my mantras to support my Positive Thinking (coincidentally both are followed by Kanye West as well):

"Reach for the stars, so if you fall you'll land on a cloud" and "The world is our canvas - paint your dreams!"

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think -please leave your comments!