Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer Reading List

Summer is only 32 days away! You may recall my reading inventory from March which was diverse but a bit unfocused. With my newfound,post-graduation mental clarity, I've decided to take care of some unfinished business and take another look at my reading list:

Angels and Demons
You'll be happy to know that I finished Angels and Demons not a moment too soon before the movie was released last week! (That movie was phenomenal by the way! If you haven't seen it, go! Ron Howard is a true visionary.)

VIBE
Pretty sad - I'm still working on the February 2009 issue of Vibe with Kanye West on the cover. I did read some articles since March so I'm a few steps closer!

Real Simple
I did finish the 'Timesavers" mini-mag and the January 2009 issue. I am working on the April 2009 issue between typing!

Women and Money by Suze Orman
Sadly, not much progress with this one.

I believe that progress is relative and even slight progress can feel miraculous. With that being said, me being the person I am, you know I've picked up some new readings along the way! I'm keeping it pretty light and with focus, I can get through them in the next few weeks!

  • Real Simple: Beauty secrets from the pros (May 2009)
  • Real Simple: Get organized. Stay organized. How to control the clutter for good (June 2009)
  • Suze Orman's 2009 Action Plan: Keeping your money safe and sound
  • Complex (with Kanye West on the cover) Yes, the one I asked you to read and yes, the one my friends Erica and DJ graciously gave me to feed my Kanye habit!!
My _______ is to finish these in the oh-so-very-near future....

Actually, I'm not really into using the word "goal" these days because once I reach one, I like to take some time to reflect on the work it took and how grateful I am to have done it as the final step. Goals are in no way an indication of finality for me so let's just say, I am committed to finishing these to make room for a new list and new opportunities to learn about myself and the world.

How are your lists coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think -please leave your comments!