Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm baaack!

If my blog were a plant, the poor thing would have died after not being taken care of since the beginning of June. I know a number of people who just don't have a green thumb and end up tossing out dead plants and buying new ones at Home Depot for a fresh start. Well, I just got back from Home Depot.

The past couple of months have been a whirlwind. Just a little over three months ago I was recovering from graduation and had learned that I had just secured a position with a new employer that I had been literally dreaming about for almost two years. The next few weeks involved packing like a mad woman and building a new life for me and Jamaal in the Metro DC area.

Well, three months later, we have moved and started a new life that I never saw coming a year ago. I look forward to each day and I sleep like a baby at night. The air I breathe in the morning is fresh and energizing and I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to enjoy it. I miss Chicago of course but if all goes as planned it will be there when the time comes for a visit in a few months.

For graduation, one of my dear friends bought me a journal with quotes on each page that I keep at work and write important details in each day. All the quotes are timely but yesterday's quote seemed very apropos:

"Unless you walk out into the unknown, the odds of making a profound difference in your life are pretty low." ~Tom Peters

I say all of this to say that change is never a bad thing, challenging sometimes but not bad. And albeit risky, if it doesn't work, do something different!

~S

P.S. - My deepest apologies to everyone who I appear to have ignored on Facebook - not intentionally though I promise! After receiving a sad little email from Facebook itself, I plan to rejoin the social networking world soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think -please leave your comments!